Sunday, May 27, 2012
I think am in the wrong profession
I have always been interested in the health care field. My back ground is a C.N.A I've worked in Hospice care, nursing home and in the Army clinic. My top two favorite is Hospice care due to it been more personal. Although, handling the death I never got use to. However, I knew that it was just as important to be there for them; in the begining as it was in their last stage. I enjoyed working with the military clinic because of different skills I learned. Although I worked in the nursing home it was overwhelming. But I still gave 100% to all 12 patients because I saw them as family. Plus I always treated them like I would wanted someone to take care of my family memebers. Even thou I was once called a certified ass wiper.Sigh.. People never will understand how important care givers are, until they are face with that situtaion.
I got spoiled working at the Military clinic. I worked Monday-Friday and experience different level of skills. Which was a great thing. Everyday day was different :D! As I got older I knew working in the nursing home would be havoc on my body. I mean lifing, turning patients every two hours, feeding, dressing, changing and bathing 12 to sometime 15 patients depending on if we was short staff will burn you out quickly. So I decided to take it to another level by going in the surgical techinican program, when we left Germany. I enrolled in school for the ST program. I've been focus and determine to finish this program. Although I've face many challenging and detour have been placed in my way to keep me from finishing...sigh moving!!
I actually realise that been a surgical tech was really my first choice when I started off in the work force. I enrolled in school on the early 90's to take the program. But it wasn't as propular as it is now back in the 90's.They drop the program due to low enrollment.So I enrolled in the patient care techinican program which cahnge to C.N.A. I didn't realise this until one day sitting in class. I had to retake a class and when it was my turn to tell why I choose this program it came to mind. I must have blocked it out. Talking about a light bulb moment. So I'm focus and determine to finish what I started.
So I wrote all this to say. Although, I'm focus on getting this accomplish I have alot of people that come to me for advice on working out and getting back into shape. I guess they see me working out alot. Every where we have lived I've workout with,and taking at least 1-2 people at each duty station; under my wings to get them back to a healthy live style. I recently was approach by a lady(know here thru church) who called me and said she needed help. She wanted me to get her back in shape. So here I am once again training someone..lol I've giving her guidelines on what she will eliminated from her diet, have her writing out a weekly menu and came up with our workout program that we will be doing. I will be meeting her 6 days a week. Here desire is to be able to run atleast 4 miles.
As I sit back and reflect over me improving my life thru excerise. If I was to really dedicate myself to it my body will be the
bomb. I work out because I like to work out. My diet is 70/30 % healthy. I have my set backs.I still struggle to get to 145lbs. But I look healthier staying in the 150 range. My unhealthy weight is 160-165. I can see it and feel it on my frame(body). It just amase me when someone approach me to help them get in shape. I'm honor that they think that highly of me.
But I have always been told I should be a personal trainer! lol.. May be that should be my side job?
SN: I REALLY STARTING TO HATE BLOGSPOT!! Every since the new change I can't find spell check and now notice although i seprated my paragraph it show up as one big writting,,ughhhhhh. World press is becoming more appealing.
M
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment