Saturday, October 13, 2007

I got fitted Today!!!!!

After researching on running and educating myself about how my foot is shapes on http://www.runnersworld.com/subtopic/0,7123,s6-240-319-326-0,00.html . I began to research on finding the proper running shoe store and came across http://johnrankin.wordpress.com/ blog. After reading his blog I noticed he recommended the http://thebalancedathlete.com/. So I was telling my husband that we needed to go get fitted for proper running shoes. We drove down to Kent and visited the store.

We enter the balanced athlete and was greeted by Eric. I told him why we were there and we went from there. He was very professional and full of information. Eric had us run barefoot on the treadmill,(veiw the process on there page) and video tapes the process. He was able to show us the stride and foot strike of each foot. Eric shows us the issues that needed to be address.

He discussed Line up the ball. "When you try your shoe on, the ball of your foot (the widest part) should line up exactly with the widest part of the shoe. If that fit is right, everything else should line up--from the toes to the heel. He told me the proper way my foot should land when the heel hits the ground to when the toe lifts off it. My form and went over the fit of the shoe. After measuring our foot, Eric had us to test drive our first pair of shoes and runs down the sidewalk. Then we test drive our second pair.

Eric put us back on the treadmill with the first selection of shoes and video how our stride and striking of our foot was. Proceeded to do the same thing with the second pair selection. So after determine how the shoe fit,the form &etc. We purchased both selection. The best shoe for running were the http://www.asicsamerica.com/PROD_PIC/FALL_2007/LARGEPIC/TN750_0191L.jpg .Best support for my foot and I wore a 11 in these. I chose this shoe http://www.zappos.com/n/multi_view.cgi?product_id=7207680&color_id=52735&view=multi for walking. I wore a size9 these. I was suprise by the differnce in sizing. We also got some running socks.

Eric also told me us about their running group on Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday. I'm thinking about joining. He said it doesn't matter if you can run two or twenty mile everyone is welcome. They don't judge you on how many miles you can run. I be checking onto it.

That is how I spent my Saturday getting fitted, went out to eat and about to head out dancing. No exercise today.

2 comments:

sweetnes said...

That sounds like a great shoe store. If I didn't have such a passionate disliking (I won't say hate) for running, I might go to one of these places :)

dasweetstcypha said...

That's a great step and it sounds so invigorating to make a commitment to a healthy activity like running. Visiting the store must've been fun! Once I've released a few more of these pounds, I'm going to try running too.