Thursday, October 11, 2007

Today I had an AWESOME run!!!!

I woke up late 6:06 a.m. got to the airfield @6:15 a.m.. My body was still asleep but my mind was wide awake. My husband 1st Sgt asked me was I running with the unit today?" I'm good but not that good. So I told him I was running the airfield but not with the unit. However, I'll see them out there. I started out with a 20 minutes head start and ran the first two miles( yay for me). I was really pushing myself because I didn't want the unit to catch up and pass me. Because, I knew they can run this 5 mile field without stopping.

I wanted to be as far as possible when they caught up with me. I ran, walked, ran, ran walked and ran. I was feeling really good about my run. Guess who I saw catching up with me, My husband! I knew that was going to be his goal. So I really started pushing myself. He did pass me and had the nerves to say bye(rolling eyes)! So from then on I was behind him pacing him.

My goal then became beat him to the car and I knew I had to get back to my finish point and then run to the car. Yes, I beat him to the car but he got the bragging rights. He told me his #1 goal was to catchup with me even though smoke told him he wouldn't be able to since I had a 20 minute start. After the run I did my squats and legs lift. Today I had an AWESOME run!!!!


Quotes:"What matters is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight - it's the size of the fight in the dog."
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

No comments: