I figure I need to state why I started blogging/ exercising since everyone else have a list.
I found myself in a state of depression in June 2006, after relocating from Germany to Washington. My husband got delpoyed in June and my grandmom died that month (June06)also. I was unmotivated, sleeping alot and found myself in doors alot. I only got dressed or went out doors when needed. When someone suggest that I was in depression, I'll motivate myself to get out and do more , but all the same time when not been looked at I'll fall back in that state.
My grandfather died 8 months after his wife(March 2007) and my husband grandmom died 2 months after him( May 2007), all the same time I'm worried about how my husband will take the news of his grandmom death while in Iraq. So with the on and off depression I began to pack on the.................
1) Weight- I'm 5 feet and 4 1/2 inches tall. The last time I weight myself was July 10, 2007 due to yearly check up. I was @ 160 pounds. Due to my husband been deployed to Iraq and getting extended to 15 months/ depression ( I was in denial) I gained weight. I also found myself giving out of breath easily and eating unhealthy.
2) My cholesterol was slight elevated. I found that out at my yearly check up after having my blood work done. I Never had problem with that. But knew I need to change that.
3) Accountability- I needed someone to hold me accountable for doing what I once love doing(don't get me wrong there are some exercise I hate doing). So when my nappy sister Lamonica, suggested starting a workout blog/ weigh blog to get support and encouragement, I knew this would be the perfect opportunity to get back on track.
4) I wanted to get back to eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle again.
Sacred Woman's Creed~~ As a woman, I am not powerless. I am most powerful. I can determine the destiny of my body. I can heal myself. It is my birthright. It is my divine right to heal myself and my family.
3 comments:
I know about depression. My youngest daughter has a genetic disorder called Methylmalonic Acidemia (MMA)Her body cannot breakdown certian proteins like ours can. When I learned about the things she couldn't eat, No meat of any kind,no dairy,certian veggies and only in small amounts.
I became so depressed I ate everything in sight. I gained 25 lbs in a year!and have steadily climbed since then. two years ago I hit 205 lbs.and sat there.
My oldest daughter (3Girls) graduates high school this school year and dangit I won't to look good!
I want to wish you well on your journey to better health and am so sorry for the loss of your loved ones.
Many Blessing
Sassy
ITA w/ Sassy. I wish you nothing but the best on your journey to better health.
Thank guys for the wishing of me getting better health on my journey. I know with a change of diet and excerising my cholestrol will drop. I'm no longer fighting depression and have been enjoying myself getting back active!
Post a Comment