Wow the last day of 2007. Where did it go? I have had time to reflected on my life and I can say that I Don't want my life to be the same in 2008, like it was in 2007. This year was a very difficult year. I'm grateful and thankful that I went thru it so I can learn from it. My house was in straight chaos. I was at a stand still in my life mentally, emotional, Physically and spiritual. I never want to be at a stand still in my life again. I mean to have no growth at all.
So I have wrote down things that I will change within myself, family, and household. No this isn't a New Year Resolution. New Year Resolution are a list of things you write down and then forget about. This is something that will be a life altering growth. You see this will be something that I will work on everyday. I 'll look over it everyday and reflect every 30-90 days to see if I accomplish what I said I wanted to do. I have alot of improvement that I need to do. I used to do this all the time but for some reason stop.
As for family we will have a mandatory family fun day. Once a month we will explore something new. Yeah the normally going to the movies, bowling etc will take affect too. But I want us to experience trying something new, something adventurous. I'm still researching and planning in this area.
Looking at the flylady.net technique, made me realize that my housecleaning and organizing wasn't at it best. Thank you Chayli for the web site!!! Yeah I'm one of those people who would wash, dry clothes and leave them in the basket. Hell I lived out the basket when hubby was in Iraq. But at the same time I'm grateful because my husband will fold them and put away. I wash/dry and he fold and put away lol!!! Although our kids are the ones who is responsible for cleaning their room, their bathroom, washing, drying, folding and putting away their clothes I need to teach them how to incorporate what I'm learning from flylady. I think their life and mines will go sooo much smoother.
So as you can see I've been thinking alot and cleaning alot over the last couple of days. Giving away things I haven't used in years, sorting thur clothes, washing down walls, window, mopping floor etc..... Preparing for 2008. I can say that my house is cleaner and lots of great positive energy is flowing thru.
No exercises today unless you called cleaning a workout. Well I might update this later if hubby and I go for a walk. My workout schedule will resume Jan 1, 2008.
However, What I learnt for this month dealing with exercise is.... make sure I go void before going running!! My first day of the week routine need to not began on a Saturday.
Well gotta go! I wash & trim my hair today and need to have it done before New Years come in.
_____________________
Lamonica thanks for wishing me luck in my journey to grow and improve. Thank you for the anytime pick me up.
Simple me Thank you for stopping in to wish me a Happy New Year. Yes Flylady is a fab site. I introuduce it to my bestfriend today. So we are doing it together.
f.i.t.tgirl thank you for stopping by and saying I've done well. We all will achieve bigger things in 08.
3 comments:
I'm with you on everything. Good luck in your efforts to grow and improve in all areas of your life.
Blog me anytime you need a pick me up.
Happy New Year to you! I'm not going to wish you luck, because I know you won't need it. Anything you set your heart on will be done if it's what you need! I love the idea of a mandatory family day, I think everyone should do that!
Good luck with the home cleaning thing. I'm trying it too. Flylady is a fab site.
Happy new year! You've done so well this year & I know that you're going to be doing even bigger things this year :)
Post a Comment