I have been think about what direction I want my life to go in. I know it's not the direction it's going in now. I've been so blessed to have such a supportive husband. Lords knows I probably get on his nerves with been all over the place. I've been going thru this since moving to Washington. But he has been so supportive, patience and understanding, while i go on this journey of finding myself yet again. I change with the wind every year. It's something new. But it's always improvement to a higher level.. My last day of employment was in Dec 05. I really enjoyed my job and was upset that I had to pick up yet again to PCS(moving or relocate) to another place. I had my job for 3 years while been station in Germany.
We relocated to Washington in Feb 06. It was a very difficult year for me. I had no motivation what so every. I became a stay at home mom, not by choice but, no pressure to return to the work force either by DH. So I basically had my battle with myself. Don't get me wrong been a stay at home mother is great and hard work. I applaud the people who do this. But it's not for me.
So here what I've been thinking.
Career :
Georgia: Although, my organial career path was to be a surgical tech ( the class became non existence not enough student signed up) and my classes got switch over to patience care tech then they change it to CNA. I became a Certified Nursing Assistant in 1996 and enjoy been one. My first CNA job was in hospice. I worked there from 1996-1999 and I loved it. More one on one and inter action with family members and clients. I built a very close, emotional relationship with family members and client. As a matter of fact, I still stay in contact with some of my client family. Got married and relocated to Michigan.
Michigan: My second job was in a nursing home. I was there from 2000-2001 I love working there.. it's alot of hard work. I had 6 to probably 12 patients a day. I worked A.M. Which was alot of bathing, feeding dressing changing and lifting up and down. I stilled loved my job. Although it was very demanding. I still was able to build a close relationship and interact with my patients. I went above and beyond everyday I work. I even checked on/ visited my patients that was passing on my off days because I didn't want them to die along. . I treated them like they were family. I quit that job due to management. Didn't like how they treated their employees and how they perpetrate with the patients when JAHCO or family visits.
So I off I went to become an entrepreneur in financial service. I did this from 2001 -03was doing really good. Then we relocated to Germany.
Germany: We arrive in Germany in Feb 03. I had such a great time over there. Didn't want to come back to the USA. I baby sat the first year in Germany. I start working at the Military Clinic from Feb04 - Dec 05. It was more interaction with the doctor, learn different producers such as pap, mole removal, drawing blood, lab work etc.... I loved that I didn't have to work on weekends. The kids and I traveled on the weekend. Over in Germany they work hard but play even harder. This is where I discovered running, been active and having more quality family time. I received my first body massage. I discover I can live without the T.V. , I can live with less. I read more and had limited time on the Internet. I became a vegetarians and discovered peacefulness and learned about having a quality of life!!!!!!!!!!
So I said all that to say I have no clue what I want to do now. Since been back in the states, I know I don't want to work for anyone. Which I restarted back striving to be an entrepreneur in Financial Service. I have not given it my 100%. Took the class but didn't take the exam to get license. But at the same time I would love to try to be a surgical tech. But I don't want my life to be stuck between a time clock and alarm.
As far as my
Health: I've decided that I'm going to BE A Vegetarians, eventually become a vegan. I'm going to do it right this time. I can not stand the taste of meat and want to give up dairy. I'm already not a milk drinker and very seldom eat eggs. Although, I was a Pesce-Vegetarians (sometimes called Pescetarians) pesce-vegetarians eat fish. I no that Most vegans and lacto-ovo vegetarians do not, by the way, consider those who eat fish "real" vegetarians --- you see why definitions can create divisions between people? My body felt great eating only fish, Salmon and vegetables. However, I no that I will have to give up the fish. . My overall reason for become a vegetarians will be for health. Not religion or animal right. Now if my journey grow to that... that will be great.
I'm still exercising.
Here where it get complicated. I want to start doing a cleansing. Not sure what route to take.. I've done the DRNATURE cleansing before. I did it because I wasn't have BM on the regular and I t was going to be a jump start to me eating healthy. I saw great results. Now I'm thinking about doing the Master Clean lemonade cleansing. However, I've been reading that as long as you eat vegetable and fruit you can cleanse your body. So to make a long story short I want to really start implementing fasting in my life style.
Well continue later !!
1 comment:
Congrats on making the change to become a vegetarian. I'm sure your health will love you for it. As for the job situation I say follow your heart. If you love being a surgical tech. is there some place you can work decent hours?
You have a background is two great careers. It's great that your hubby is supportive. I say take time to do what feels right to you.
Post a Comment