Thursday, July 2, 2009

Road Trip Major mile stone

Well I'm back. I'm so glad to be back to a normal schedule. I accomplish a major mile stone!!!! It may be a simple mile stone to others but it was a huge deal to me. You want to know what it was? lol! Well I was able to book a flight to Maryland( no problem) use to flying... but the major mile stone was I booked a car, pick it up, and drove across state. Just me and my son. I had my plans all laid out.

The reason for this road trip was, to tour the college my son wanted to attend. We arrive in Maryland June 23 and on the 24Th headed to North Carolina. We visit the first college he was interested in. After touring that college, we got on the road head to South Carolina. We stayed there until June 26th, where we headed back to Maryland and spent our remaining trip. This is one of my biggest fear and I over came it. I'm was so used to getting picked up from the airport that I didn't realise how independent it felt, to have a car waitng and you could just go. Not depending on others rearraging their schedule so they can pick you up. It was Exhilarating.

Now I've came up with a list of things I've let hold me back. I will be tacking them one at a time. If you don't have a Garmin, Tom Tom or a GPS . Get one... They are wonderful and will take you to the front door of your destination.

No comments: