Friday, June 24, 2011

It's offical!! I run for Bling!

I've signed up to do my first half marathon!!!!! It's schedule for Nov 12. 2011. I'm doing it with my bff Connie. I have no clue how she let me talk her into doing crazy things..lol However, I'm looking forward to the journey. I guess this will really kick my running into high gear since I haven't exercise since coming from Vegas! Let just say your girl was tired from all the partying she did and lack of sleep she lost. But I had a freaking blast! I'm nervous, excited, scared and is questioning myself and thinking what the hell I've gotten myself into. I must get over my fear and hit my goal. I want to be a doer and not just a talker.
I know that life will throw me a brick and try to get me off my game..moving is still in progress! I'm determine to stick to this goal for I have 142 days to train and be ready! I signed up for this half marathon for one it's from my home town and I like the medal it's going to give us for competing. Two it's given us 7 hours to complete. I know we will do it way before then.


Our second Marathon is schedule for  February 24 - 26, 2012! It's the Disney Half Princess Marathon. Which originally was suppose to be our first marathon. We will have to maintain a 16 minute per mile pace throughout the race but they suggested that athletes train for 15 minute per mile pace or faster to allow time for breaks(restroom breaks, photo opportunities, etc). We have to complete this race in 3 hours and 30 mins. I plan on taking pictures especially with the black princess so my goal is to run it in 2 hours and 20 min. Hopefully by doing the one in November, will let us know where we are at in time so we will know how much we need to improve or see if we reach our goals.

Tumblr Image: Disney & Solider Marathon  website




So to keep me focus on training, I received my Princess(the black and purple) anchor a.k.a wristband from a blogger name Amy(she's doing the Disney Half Princess too). She call them Anchoring, which is a technique that can be used for your weight loss or training goals. When anchoring, you use a physical item or image to create a mental triggers to remind yourself of your goals. When sticking to your plan is tough, look to your anchor to bring you back to what is important to you. I thought that was such a cool idea and posted a comment on her blog and she sent it to me. I will be using my Princess anchor to keep me focusing on training for the Disney Princess Half Marathon. I found the camouflage one"Support our troop" laying around my house. I will be using this one to stay focus on training for the Solider Half Marathon. I'm soo excited!

So here's to Happy running and Training!
For every mile is Magical

~Shelia~

No comments: