Thursday, October 27, 2011
21 day Daniel fast
Although I've tried in the past, I'm now ready to do a FAST. I have researched about what a fast is and how to do one the correct way. Because I want to make sure I'm doing it right. I have so much going on with me that I need my soul feed, my spirit strengthen and my body renewed. I need guidance, direction, help, revelation, need help focusing, show me my purpose etc.. I need to concentrate on me and get myself together. This is the most unhappy I've been in my life.
My idea fast is giving up things that is a distraction or that would be hard to give up. Which is computer(no Facebook..lol) just blogging my experience and thoughts, nobTV, talking to others on the phone(friends) I will just talk to my mother, and no sex.I have no problem giving those things up. Of course I have to discuss some things over with certain people. I just want to be left along connecting with the lord, praying and reading my bible. The perfect time would be to start Nov 1-21, but my bff Connie have concerns about me trying to fast while training and running this 1/2 marathon on the 12th. I think It will be fine because I have faith that I can get Thur this.
The sex part will be an issue. Of course I can just say no, but according to the book when asked what about marital relations during the Daniel Fast? The Bible does speak of husbands and wives abstaining from sexual relations during fasts. However, this is to be a mutual agreement by both the husband and wife. Many couples do refrain from sex while fasting and find their relationship strengthened as they intentionally express love for one another in other ways. Paul teaches about abstaining from marital relations in 1Corinthians 7:5: "Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayers;and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self control". While married couples are not required to abstain from marital relations during their fast, many find it a powerful experience as they bring greater focus on the lord and also find ways to express love and respect to one another. So, abstaining from sex during the Daniel Fast is not required, however it is an opportunity to experience growth in your marriage and in your relationship with the Lord.
I don't think DH will agree. Which having DH leaving for training on the 1st and coming back on the 18th would've been perfect, but now that has been cancel..sigh.. However, I will bring this to his attention and see how this go. My goal is to give up one of many things, that would be hard to give up and for me that was sex. So I'm refraining from sex so I can get closer to the lord, all the other things are irrelevant.
I'm ready for my journey and focusing on the direction the lord want me to go in. I'm not praying for him to keep anyone in my life..I'm actually praying for the direct opposite remove all who don't want to be here and don't belong. I want to be at peace, happy and content with my life. I need my soul feed, my spirit strengthen and my body renewed
until next time
Shelia
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Praying for you that God shows you all you need to see during this fast.
Post a Comment