Tuesday, June 18, 2013

I'm Training for a Marathon!!!

I've really been in shoe deep with this running thing!! lol. From Jan until the end of the year I have a race every month. I've done 5k, 10 miler and Half Marathons, Warrior Dash. Guess what I'm schedule to run a MARATHON before the end of the year!! I'm also A HALF FANATIC!!! Yes I did that. I became a Half Fanatics by running 3 half's in 22 days. Although the requirement is to run 2 half in 16 day or 3 in 90. As I think back I've always said I will never run a Marathon. I guess I need to be careful with saying what I never will do,uh? I'm excited, nervous, unsure, nervous, concern etc. Yes I'm experiencing all of these emotions. But guess what I have 22 weeks to get over these emotions and learn about my body, training etc. I know it's about getting mentally prepared. I have to get serious about training running 26.2 miles learning what to eat while running and staying hydrated. Wow I have a lot to learn. So the only way to stay focus is document my training. The training I think I will do is Hal Hidgon Novice 1 plan. Although I'm thinking about the Galloway. I think I will have a hard time with the run walk program. I've heard good things about both program. I even thought I would run the first 13.1 straight and then switch over to Galloway run walk for the second half. This week is week one! 22 weeks of Discipline Happy Running!!

No comments: