
A Great mentor will not only lead you on your future path but also help you to realize your full potential spiritually, mentally and physically."- Robin Gerber.
For 4 months, 4 Days a week @ 4:45 a.m. I traveled this journey while having a pavement date with this awesome unselfish Diva. She encourage and pushed me to a higher level every time my foot hit the pavement. She held me accountable with my mileage goals, proper sleep and what I ate. In the beginning I always asked "How Many Mile Are We Running?" But soon learn to just show up and run. Why? Because she would change the mileage and route in the middle of a run!! In order to be the best you have to train with the best. Jacqueline you are TRUELY THE BEST at what you do. I'm thankful that we crossed path and I connected with someone who inspire, nourish and brought out the best in me. No competition, No holding back, No taking it easy just pushing and pulling me forward to reach a higher level every time I laced up my shoe.

My FIRST MARATHON EXPERIENCE.....(long story)
Before the race: Raining..Rethinking my situation about changing clothes. I'm all up in My emotions.. but I have to get my head in the game. It's GAME TIME. Nikkis Lynette Spicer sees my wheel turning. Of course she laugh and gave me a pep talk. I'M READY. The rain is my cleansing moment. #GAMETIME
Tracy Welch and I walking to our starting point. She's running the Half and I'm headed to the Marathon line up. She give me a pep talk..Don't worry you can do this! You've done 15 mile right?! Me: I've done 20 miles. Tracy: but not in the rain.. you got this, you will be fine.. Me: Oh I'm good. Yep I got this. This is my practice run. We hug and go our separate ways.
BAM saw Jacqueline Lyons my running coach and mentor. We line up in Wave 5. It's still raining. Rule of thumb never try anything new on race day. I didn't follow the rule. I added gospel music to my running list. I felt and knew this was going to be a spiritual moment for me!!!
Mile 1- Talking to self .don't start off too fast. It's Raining, Embrace it. this is your cleansing moment. Started my play list Listen to ORDER MY STEPS IN YOUR WORD. Trying not to cry. Breath, just breath!
Mile 2-6 Repeat song ORDER MY STEPS IN YOUR WORD / GOOD and BAD to calm my nerves and connect with the rain. check 10k time 1:03:29
Mile 7:Running coach Jackie got in her zone and Kicked Asphalt. LMBO
Mile 8-13 Don't even remember. FIGHTER by Christiana Aguilera came on Picked out a rabbit chased him until he went off into the woods(potty break). 'Yell I can't follow you over there hurry up and catch back up. hit mile 13 check time 2:17:43
Mile 14: Feeling great and was impressed with my half marathon distance time. Passed the beer tent. I was like dang should've stopped. Naw to many miles to go it will relax you. Keep kicking Asphalt.
Mile 15: It's something about this mile. I have to make myself push thru. I started listening to AWESOME/WHY WE SING. I closed my eyes ..start signing and lifting my hand praising GOD. Then I hear a voice "You almost there just keep going, don't give up. I open my eyes and BAM one of the coaches for another group, all up near me running side by side encouraging me. I laughed and told her I'm fine. I was connecting with the lord..thank her and kept it moving. "I must of looked broke down".
Mile 17-20: Game Time!! Time to kick it up a notch. Playing in my ear The Point of No Return, Till I Collapse By Eminem and Heart Of A Champion- Nelly check time..mile 20 (3:43:18) I had to look at it again. Naw, I'm at (3:43:18) I can so hit (4:30:00) Jackie will be soo proud of me
Mile 21: I Didn't Know my own strength/ I look to You by Whitney Houston. Got all emotional again.
Mile 22-23: Never would've made it. Yep didn't make the 4:30:00 mark
Mile 24: Take Me To The King- Tamela Mann
Mile 25 IPOD died. So I ran that mile without music What the Flocker?!! Oh well enjoyed the moment
Mile 26: Saw Two crazy people YELLING, Screaming my name. It was Nikkis and Tracy. I burst out laughing. They were in the right spot at the right time. All loud, proud and loud! My own personal cheering section
.2 The part that kills you!! When I say All down Hill? The ending was down Hill. I kicked some serious Asphalt Hard. Didn't even thinking about twisting an ankle or falling. All that was on my mind was Get to the finish line. Crossed the finish line at( 5:00:17) Saw Jackie !!! She hug me and said You did great! I hug her broke down and just cried in her arms. I couldn't even catch my breath Hyperventilating. I'M A MARATHONER NOW !! #wining
No comments:
Post a Comment