Wednesday, August 13, 2014
Reflecting part 2
Written March 18, 2014 Testimony Tuesday!!! As I flew back home Friday 14 March preparing for the completion of my 2nd Marathon on Sunday March 16, 2014. I can honestly say I was in a daze and can not recall anything about Saturday. I felt like I was experiencing an out of body episode. I showed up at the starting point on Sunday with just my Ipod, no Garmin . I am on my journey of becoming a Marathon Maniacs !! I shared laughter, took pictures and enjoyed been surrounded with the company I kept. There was no nervousness, no last minutes doubting myself no nothing. It was just another run that I had PROPERLY trained for, and yes I had a goal time of finishing at 04:30:00. The most flattest course was yet the most difficult. It was crowded and I was hoping to beat the rain. I can honestly say I was not feeling this race. I had dreamed about it and trained for it; but yet It was just one of them days that I was ready for it to be over with. I was ready to run, complete and return home so I can sleep. A girl can't trust a fart so, I wasted (felt like) 10 min standing in potty break line @ mile 6. Nikkis Nikkis Lynette Spicer passed me giving me the confused look,lol (potty break I yelled and started back running). I wondered how Karen and Connie was doing? Pacer group coming up I see Jacqueline Lyons kicking Asphalt with the 04:00:00 pacer (High five her), Jerome Karen Mageo 04:15:00 pacer(high five/say good job) and Connie Clark with the 04:30:00 (high five/ say looking good) my girls was in beast mode. Mile 13 time frame 02:36:56 dang I am moving slow. 14 - 18 I feel a rock! Do I have a rock in my shoe? Why my sock feel bunched up? Dang this course is boring. I am so tired of running. I am ready for this to be over with? 19 hit at 04:07:59. WTH is mile 20? I only have a 10k (6.2) man forget this I'm walking. I'm tired, my ipod quit and I want to be in my bed. BUT the only thing kept me from stopping besides GOD , was Nikkis Spicer. I knew this chic was aiming to catch up with me. But I an'it going to let her, lol She was aiming hard, too! Because every time I saw her I read her facial expression "Man what's wrong with you"? "You are suppose to be way ahead of me" . "You get caught slipping I'm passing and will see you at the finish line" . So I kept pushing and I was so HAPPY to finish that .2..I finished my 2nd Marathon in 05:38:59!!! Epsom Salt, BenGay and my foam roller is my new best friend. Next Marathon April 13
written May 5, 2014 The journey isn't always perfect, but always worth taking. -Kara Goucher. I believed I could so I did, 3 Marathon in 50 days and committed myself to Marathon Maniacs The InSane asyLum. Philippians 4:13
May 7 Mission Accomplished. I received my runner Id!
CERTIFIABLE BABY!! WARRIOR CALL ALERT! Double agent 3936-9185 checking in!
First and foremost all my source of strength thru out my life has come from God. Especially over these last 50 day on properly training to complete 3 Marathon. God allowed me to get up every morning and night to do what I have fallen in love to do which is Run. He truly showed me grace, favor, mercy and everything in between. I walked away injury free, all toenails in tacked and no blisters on my feet. Second a big thank you to my #1 support Marvin J. Lancaster II for EVERYTHING! The pep talks when I said I am tired. The reassurance of self doubt on race day. The understanding / patience with my crazy running schedule, listening to me say let me check my schedule if an event come up, the early morning phone calls and late night every day question of asking me if I ran on my off day but, also staying on me to make sure I get my training in. Yes he think I am crazy. To my crew, sisterhood and accountability partners Nikkis Lynette Spicer, Jacqueline Lyons, Connie Clark and Jerome Karen Mageo. When I set this goal to become a MM they had no clue my goal would become there's, LOL. However,They jumped in with no hesitation. Early morning, late night, didn't know the distance until we ran(wasn't important), laughter, call out, falls, yell at from people for running ahead of two left feet etc. From January until now I have learned a lot about myself and others while on this journey. I've had plenty of talks with God and made some life changing decision.. But one thing I can walk away with is an indescribable transformation!! Always a student, constant learning, forever humble and setting no limitation.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment