Nov 18- 24Th
Sunday: I had a peaceful 5 mile walk around the neighborhood this A.M.. I really enjoyed myself. I decided to walk because, my calves is still hurting from been on the elliptical machine.
The walking help stretch and loosing up my calves. I consumed only 16 oz of water today.
Monday: Woke up to rain and that time of the month. But I didn't let that stop me. I did my 5 mile walk around the neighborhood and stop by the gym that was in route. While in the gym I decide to focus on my legs, back and sides. So I did the following....
4 set of 25 Hip Abduction @ 65 lbs working the inner thigh
4 set of 12 Hip Adduction@ 65 lbs working the outer thigh
4 sets of 12 Leg press @160 lbs working the quadriceps,hamstrings/glute muscle
4 sets of 12 Leg extension @65 lbs working the quadriceps
4 sets of 12 Prong leg curls @35 lbs working the hamstring
4 sets of 13 Rotary Torso @ 35 lbs working the external/ internal obliques
4 sets of 12 Lower back Erector spine@ 65 lbs
and finish my 5 mile walk!!!!!
Tuesday: Today I worked on my arms. I decided to go up in weight with the dumbbell..
Using the 15 pound dumbbells I did 3 set of 12 reps of the following:
Triceps Kick
back standing kick
back chair dips( working the triceps) didn't use dumbbell
seated curls(working the biceps)
over head extension (working the triceps)Hammer curls (working the biceps)
side lateral raise
4sets of 25 jumping jacks
4 sets of 12 push up
Hope everyone is continuing to having success in their journey.
Wednesday: I went to the gym this morning. I did 3o minutes on the dread mill. The first 5 minutes I walked and then ran for 20 minutes and cooled down the last 5 minutes. I think I did pretty good considering I hate the dread mill. However, I need to get back to the Airfield so I want loose my distant that I do run..... I also did the following..................................
3set of 25 Hip Abduction @ 65 lbs working the inner thigh,
3 set of 12 Hip Adduction@ 65 lbs working the outer thigh,
3 sets of 12 Leg press @160 lbs working the quadriceps, hamstrings/glute muscle
3 sets of 12 Leg extension @65 lbs working the quadriceps
3 sets of 12 Prong leg curls @35 lbs working the hamstring
Working my most problem area( stomach) that I really need to focus on.... I did the following
3 sets of 12 leg lift
3 sets of 12 flutter kick
3 sets of 12 bicycles
3 sets of 12 Arm leg lifts( found this on body for life.com)
3 sets of 12 single leg raise( found on body for life.com)
3 sets of 25 sit up
I will consumed 64 oz of water
Thursday: HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!! Although, it's thanksgiving and we'll be surrounded with loves ones, friends and lots of food, I'm still staying focus. I'm so PROUD of myself. For the ones whom has been reading my blog , know I've been trying to conquer the airfield. Well today I got up so I can run . It was 32 degrees. It was sooo cold. But I didn't let that stop me.
I felt like I was going 2 mph but, I kept pushing myself because my goals was to see how far I could go without stopping rather than how fast. So I kept my pace and ran farther than what I normally run!!!!!!!! Yes I made it from the parking lot to the library steps to the light pass the tree. I ran 3.4 miles without stopping!!!!! I'm so sike right now!!!!! Although I didn't finish the whole course running (I almost did). I did finish it walking the rest of the way.
So I did the following......
Ran 3.4 miles husband say it took me 37 minutes hmmm(that's how slow I was running lol) I'm a penguin ha ha ha.
Walked the rest of the course finishing my 5 mile.
Friday: Husband and I went to the gym today. My focus was on my abs, sides, back/legs.....
I did the following
Leg work................
3 set of 25 Hip Abduction @ 65 lbs working the inner thigh
3 set of 12 Hip Adduction@ 65 lbs working the outer thigh
3 sets of 12 Leg press @160 lbs working the quadriceps, hamstrings/glute muscle
3 sets of 12 Leg extension @65 lbs working the quadriceps
3 sets of 12 Prong leg curls @35 lbs working the hamstring
3 sets of 12 leg lunges with the 15 lbs dumbbell
1 sets of 5 squats with the 100lbs weights on the squat machine
Abs..................
4 sets of 25 sits up
4 sets of 20 bicycles
back/sides.....
4 sets of 25 back extension using the 10 lbs weights
4 sets of 25 side extension using the 10lbs weights
3sets 0f 12 knee lifts
Consumed 64 oz of water
Saturday: Today I decided to walk the airfield. But my mind and body felt like running. But considering, I did work on my legs yesterday I thought I'll just take it easy. Don't want to over train.
As far as the arm excerise I did the following. Using the 15 pound dumbbells I did 3 set of 12 reps of the following:
Triceps Kick
back standing kickback
chair dips( working the triceps) didn't use dumbbell
seated curls(working the biceps)
over head extension (working the triceps)
Hammer curls (working the biceps)
side lateral raise
4 sets of 12 push up
3 sets of 25 sit up(got to do these daily since I dread them so much).
Consumed 64 oz of water
This concluded my workout for this week. I also went to the library and check out the Oxygen,Bicycling and Runner's World magazine. Hope everyone is having a productive workout journey.
................................................
Hey f.i.t.t girl thanks for stopping by. Yes I'm really pushing myself. Especially since I know I can do this. I used to love working out but got lazy,became depressed and distract by life. So I figure I needed to get back to what I love doing. I think I have my strength training down. Now only if I can get the abs area straight. I hate doing abs work out maybe that's why it looks the way it does lol.
4 comments:
wow! you're really working hard. good luck on reaching your goals :)
lmao @ "dread mill". your strength training regimen is awesome.
lol i made a silly error. anyway here is my post again for you.
I replied to your question concerning spinach in my blog but here it is again:
I pretty much always just have spinach that's been boiled. It's simple: add spinach to boiling water and cover for 5 mins. then drain well and squeeze out excess water if necessary. serve. some people like to add salt to it but I personally don't.
It can be cooked in a number of ways though: you can steam it, sauté in a frying pan with a little butter or oil with garlic and onion (I'll be trying this out soon) or even eat it raw.
I like baby spinach the best; i think the taste is just milder. I have it mixed in with my pasta, sometimes in rice dishes like risotto, with beans and today I grilled some spicy chicken, cut it into chunks and added it to spinach and it was like a salad.
250g of spinach is about 20cals so it's very low cal but filling. It's becoming a staple in my diet so I'll be trying out some more recipes; I'll add one here [my blog] later on, possibly in the next few days. In the meantime, there is an absolute ton of meal ideas over here. HTH!
Btw, congrats on your run on Thursday!! that's such an achievement :)
Post a Comment