Friday, February 8, 2008

lower body

I worked out on my favorite part of my body, the lowerbody. However, I do miss doing my old routine such as the leg curls, leg press, leg extension. I might add these. But will really try to stick to this routine first. I alter it a lil already. The first week I should've been doing 2 sets of 12 but i'm doing 3 sets of 12. Doing 2 set was a little too laid back. But I think I need to intensify because, this week was really easy. The intensify phase doesn't start until week 3/ 4. ooh well I see and tweak as I go.

3x12 reps per set

Quads :
squats(10 lbs dumbbell)
pile squat (15 lbs dumbbell)
lunge(15lb dumbbell)

Hamstrings/Glutes:
stiff - legged deadlift( 10lbs weights)

Calves:
unilateral Calf raise(15lbs dumbbell)
_________
shortimus, that's what I like about working on my lower body. The way my legs/thighs looked when I walked, made me feel powerful and sexy. I love to see my muscles flex when I walk.

aybee77, Cardio is great! As a matter of fact, I just started this month getting into serious strength training. Due to starting the part 1 series in Oxygen February Mag. Before then I was just running and doing a lil on the side. I think doing some strenth training will be good for you!!

2 comments:

Shortimus said...

When I had a gym membership I loved working my lower body. I used to shock my trainer with the weight I could lift. It made me feel powerful and mighty. It was also fascinating to watch my calf muscles flex when working out.

aybee77 said...

Wow! You are a workout fiend. Hmmm ... now you've motivated me to try a little strength training. I only do cardio.