Sunday, June 22, 2008

Mountain Bike Riding

The Family and I went on a 5.7 mile mountain bike ride in the woods. The trail was very rugged, muddy, bumpy, lot of twist and turn with lot of up hill and down hill. We shared this trail with horses and hikers. So there were alot of horse shit mixed with muddy and sometime sitting out in the opening. This was actually suppose to be a our Father day trip but there was only two spot available and we needed 4. So we decided to take a later date. Which was today:D.




I meet a lot of new friends. Yes my friends were the bushes :). I fell three time. My youngest fell more than me. I fell over in the woods and at one point couldn't get up. My legs was sooo numb from going up the hill that I couldn't move. I think I must of push the bike more than I rode it. Those hills wasn't no joke. It's like every time I came to a hill my legs was like heffa please. You got us on the first two miles but, your tail is getting off and pushing because we can't paddle anymore.

Beside myself, DH, and my two sons we had 4 other guys. I was the only female. I must of heard all kinda of I can't believe you talked me into this, What was I thinking, ooh you got me good, I don't think I'll every let you live this down. All of a sudden you get this bright idea to go mountain bike riding. This is worst than running around the airfield twice. Which I have to agreed. That's DH talking and complaining. My youngest son told me that was his summer vacation I need not to ask him to do anything else. He was ready for it to be over. My middle DS ooh he loved it he was hanging with the leader and the other two guys like a pro. He fit right in.

But you know after all said and done it was a very challenging but fun ride. Yes my ass hurt from the seat, my whole body hurt(it really work your whole body) but it was a great experience. After we got back to the starting point, DH and DS had a change of heart. They both thank me for having them do this trip and said they really enjoyed it. DH also said Lady I have to give it to you, you definitely no how to keep it exciting and interesting. Just when I think I've figure you out then bam you turn it up a notch. Awww gotta love him!!!!

My next trip is either the hiking in the cave, sky diving, bungee jumping or horse back riding. I'll keep ya posted. If you haven't tried mountain biking try it. It another form of cardio that will get the heart bumping and body working. Be ready for a challenge and bring plenty of water:D

1 comment:

Yana said...

AH!! Fantastic! You really got them! A change of pace is always good - just be sure NOT to give them too many details before your next trip! I wish I could get my BF to go biking with me. At least you got your guys moving! Good for you, Reflection! :)