Monday, June 23, 2008

Summer break

Since the kids are out for summer break, I have to come up with some ideas to keep them active. So I woke them up and we went to the gym. Yes, the gym fun uh. Well this is a great way to bond with them, get out the house while getting healthy and fit . DH drove he left 30 minutes before we did. But I wanted to walk. Besides it's only 5 minutes away by car and 20 when walking. I figure walking there will be a great way to warm up.

My youngest son SD, already had in his mind he was just going to shoot pool. He is the type that if he don't need to do it he don't. My middle son DD was already had figure out what he was going to work on and everything. It worked out perfect since I had plans to do upper body work.
So SD was in for a rude awaken when he got to the gym. I think the walk helped him loosen up anyway.

So we worked out on upper body
3 set of 12 reps

Chest- 55lbs bench press, incline and decline
Shoulder- 5lbs seated dumbbell press, seated dumbbell lateral raise
Back- 15lbs dumbbell pullover, barbell row
Triceps- 5lbs dumbbell extension, dumbbell kickback
Biceps- 20 lbs barbell curl, 5lbs incline dumbbell curls

Afterwards I walked back home and they stayed to shoot pool. So we had a great day!!!!!

No comments: